Confusion got you down on what to do for Cinco de Mayo? Not to worry party people, but Partyboygeezy is here to keep you informed on what’s going on in Partytown, USA this weekend (aka Philly).
- May 4 (First Friday) – It is Spring time in Philly, so you know what that means, partypeople – First Fridays are guaranteed to be hopping and good times. Head down to 2nd street and be sure to walk around and enjoy the open galleries, improptu drum circles, and street artists selling their wares outside.
- My favorite street artists who can be regularly seen hanging around include Northington Massaro (and his wannabe series, see link below)http://www.northtastic.com/wanna-bes.php#
- And Kevin J. Cooper whose expressionist paintings on glass I find to be particularly enticing, such as this organically-stylized painting rendering derivatives of the “Dead” bear:
NOW FOR CINCO DE MAYO SHEEEEZ…
Free Concert Saturday May 5 ( Piazza at Schmidt’s) featuring Eve 6.
Radio 104.5 returns with its popular free concert series, beginning Cinco De Mayo featuring Eve6 as the headline. Show starts at 3:45 PM and is FREEEEEEE! More info available here http://eve6.com/events and here http://www.radio1045.com/pages/events/block-parties/
Cinco De Mayo Bar Crawl at Mad River Bar: http://www.madriverphilly.com/event-detail.php?id=140
- WMMR rocks around the town on Cinco De Mayo — http://www.wmmr.com/events/Listings.aspx
- Wired 96 hits the town as well with various events in the Philly region: http://wired965.com/clubs
- Hawthorne Cafe’s Third Annual IPA Block Party 12 PM to 8 PM (Corner of 11th and Fitzwater) — http://hawthornecafe.com/events.html
SUNDAY – BROAD STREET RUN
- Sunday is the Broad Street Run, so there should be a good party down at the Stadium on Sunday to see the run and to enjoy the basketball playoff game at that same time. Head down around noon to enjoy the festivities or see some sports action at the Xfinity Center (if of course you survive Saturday…)